Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Coping with Trauma

Last week my niece had a baby by c-section and within 3 days toxemia was developed and she has been in a life-or-death situation since that dreadful Thursday night. Everyday while we have been waiting at the hospital I have people-watched to see how everybody has reacted to the situation. I have watched single-birth people as well as my sisters and myself and my twin aunt and uncle. As we sat in the waiting room I realized that my sisters and I were all sitting together and across the room from my brother, which is the one we should have been sitting with and consoling. My twin aunt and uncle were also sitting together in the room but yet across from their other brother and sisters. I just found it ironic that the multiples in the family seemed to grouping together to cope with the problem, even separating themselves from their spouses. And ironically there was another set of twins (they looked to be identical) whose mom was also in ICU at the same time and they have been sitting together across the room from the rest of their family as well. Coincidence?? I'm not sure but hopefully in my research I can find more statistics that can either prove or disprove this!

No comments:

Post a Comment